Thursday, June 17, 2010

In which I go off on a tangent not really having to do with this outfit...

Dress: F21 ($19 ?)
Blazer: Thrift ($3)
Shoes: Thrift ($10)
Bag: Thrift ($10)
Necklace: F21 ($9)
Sunnies: Fred Flare ($11)
Belt: J.Crew Outlet ($19)
It's funny how I went from wearing three things yesterday to seven today, haha. I typically do not like to post with the same background on two consecutive days, but I also think it's really interesting how a space or place can be so changed by the time of day or the weather. Yesterday was more overcast, but today the sun was casting crazy shadows through the fire escape grating, making long diagonal stripes across the wall. I love this mural, it's on the side of the cinema in my town.

This outfit is kind of one that I just threw together and don't really have much to say about! I like this blazer but feel like I can't wear flats with something that has such a strong shoulder, my espadrilles fix that problem! I like the dark blue with the yellow linen dress, one of my favorite purchases from Forever 21 to date. Is it just me or is F21 getting cheesier lately? How do you feel about "Fast Fashion" stores like F21 and H&M? I certainly have quite a bit of clothing from both, but lately I've been extremely dissatisfied with what they have to offer and would rather just purchase quality clothing on sale or just go thrifting (obvs the more preferred choice). I think it's a sign of getting older, not wanting to spend any time in malls and just wanting to get in and get out, or maybe I'm just a grumpy old woman stuck in a 26 year olds body!
On a lighter note, I ordered this book today, I'm so excited to receive it! I'm looking forward to having more time to read and do research!
Happy Thursday!

Oh and PS- a couple of people asked in my last post what happened to my leg, I wish I had some sort of cool story, but the truth is I cut myself shaving. I'm extremely clumsy. Thank you for the concern!