Friday, March 5, 2010

Let's go away for awhile...

Necklace: Courtesy of Kdikio Vintage
Tunic (shirt) Forever 21 (very old)
Belt: Vintage via Goodwill in Albany, NY (2.00)
Skirt: Vintage via Salvation Army in Raymond, ME (2.00)
Tights: TjMaxx
Shoes: Target
I'm not going to lie: I am SO GLAD this week is over! Ugh, has anyone else had an off week? I'll admit I've been avoiding taking style photos this week due to lack of inspiration, I can't seem to stop myself from constantly dreaming of everything summer (mostly summer clothes), despite the weather still being very much wintery. My arthritis flared up this week also, which makes it difficult to even get out of bed in the morning. Man I sound like an old lady, huh? So, I was a bit surprised with myself this morning, I woke up 15 minutes before I had to leave for work (damn) and managed to put together something presentable, and dare I say...stylish!

I think it's all because of the awesome necklace Kristen sent me from Kdikio Vintage. Funny how such a little thing can inspire and and turn the day around! I literally threw this outfit together. The tunic is about three years old and prior to today, I had worn it maybe once for about 3 three hours. What drew me to this shirt in the first place was the vague 1950's tribal pattern- it reminded me of vintage barkcloth- the shirt was gathered in the middle when I bought it which was a feature I promptly removed. I love how it looks paired with the tribal necklace and orange belt! Below is a better image of the necklace, which also shared space in my mailbox with the most recent Anthropologie catalog, ah a girl can dream, no?
Anyway, I'm super excited for the weekend, Chris turns 25 on Monday, so we'll be celebrating with lots of fun things. I also hope to catch Alice in Wonderland at some point, we thought about going tonight, but I'm sure it will be packed!

Oh, and guess what?! The lovely Tara-Lynn of Yarn Over Movement is offering Orchid Grey readers 15% off in her shop for the month of March, just mention the code ORCHIDGREY in a note to seller on her etsy! Now we can all have warm necks!

Also, here are a couple of features on me you may have missed: Erica asked me about my tattoos, and Alana did a little interview!

Have a happy weekend!

40 comments:

Juliette said...

Lovely outfit! The pattern is gorgeous. And yeah, I've had a bit of an off-week too. Today wasn't the best of days...

WhereForArtThouRomeo

Pink Satin Sheets said...

I want your hair!!!

!Tb0n3! said...

I hope the nice weather this weekend will lift up your spirit! Love the outfit!

Academichic said...

This is one of my favorite outfit of yours yet, I think. The colors all came together so beautifully, those pops of orange amidst the neutrals are divine. S.

fashionforwriters said...

What an adorable outfit! I love the orange belt with the shirt and of course the pretty necklace! I had a neighbor who shared a house with us when I was younger and she used to work in a jewelry factory and she would bring home really beautiful necklaces like the one you are wearing and my mom and I used to spend hours planning out outfits around our new necklaces! I hope the weather gets warmer too, although you are looking beautiful in your winter wear!

xo Jenny

myownlittleuniverse said...

i have a necklace very similar to that...my friend bought it for me when she was in turkey in the 90s...i wonder if that's where it is from too!

Nicoloushka said...

Yes, you are right! Jewelery can inspire many things! Lighten the mood, add a little flavor, set the stage... I recently purchased a second hand silver ring that says CAKE. that's it. I think it's wonderful! It's very Alice in Wonderland-esque.
Btw, your hair is AMAZING. SO jealous!
Thanks for the great style file, my wardrobe is getting so much better use since I started blogging!
Have a good weekend!

futurelint said...

Oooh, I do like the vintage vibe of the shirt and what a unique necklace!

Little Ocean Annie said...

Aw, I hope your weekend is full of relaxing and awesomeness. Very cute outfit! I love that belt!

tess said...

oh god, I had an off week too, must be something in the air. burnt my hand this week, got ear infection, was incredibly busy, and watch battery died...ugg

you do look stylish, love the top!

briannelee said...

Very cute necklace. I also love that belt!

I hope you have a great weekend :)

Miss Soggy Smog said...

Your hair looks so beautiful! And the outfit looks excellent too :)

Lucy Marmalade said...

You should wear the shirt more often, it looks great. And that necklace...wonderful.

Rosie said...

This week has been dragging! TGIF, you look fantastic, that necklace is really cool!

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Pretty necklace and I love the print on your tunic.

eunice said...

i LOve this!! the print on the shirt matches the necklace perfectly!

heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Ulrika said...

Love the tunic and the belt! Great outfit!xxx

http://ulrikahblog.blogspot.com/

Ruxandra said...

Beautiful outfit.Stylish, indeed.I think the necklace is amazing.Have a happy weekend.

tgoverboard said...

Love love love this look. Black/white/red combos are my favourites! And I love the print of the shirt.

Diana, thegirloverboard.tumblr.com

thegoodgirlgoneblog.com said...

Thanks for the shout out. You truly are one of my favorite fashion bloggers :)

Lexie said...

before i scrolled down to the bottom of the post i was already admiring your necklace! it is really pretty paired with that tunic!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

This outfit is so gorgeous!

I hope you have a relaxing weekend and that your arthritis eases up!

Clare said...

Yeah, that necklace is pretty fun. And I totally relate to having had a rough week. I've been MAJORLY struggling this week, and I'm so glad it's over. On the upside, I truly adore this outfit!

notjustmedical said...

That necklace is very unique, I really like it!

Love your top as well.

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

Taylor said...

What a great outfit! And I just cannot tell you enough how much I LOVE your hair! super jealous!!

Katie, Tinda Keelie said...

an impressive 15 minute outfit indeed! hope next week is better for you!

Gizelle | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

the pattern on the top is indeed interesting..and chic.
sometimes my outfit is based upon an accessory, mostly necklaces...

and yes, i've had 'off' days too..
i think we all have.
but the key is finding inspiration from even the smallest stuff...:D

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Nicole Trundle said...

That top is gorgeous, your style is fab, your piercing is ace, good job,
from your new follower

http://thepowerandbeauty.blogspot.com/

Butterfly loves Snapdragons said...

Hey! I've been following your blog for a little while now and think you are simply lovely! Your blog helped inspire me to start my own and I love it :) Also-I'm definitely jealous of your hair-just sayin! :)

http://butterflylovessnapdragons.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

I saw Alice In Wonderland today.. it's definitely worth seeing! Thanks for the Volvo tip. I'm still looking for the perfect wagon..

Call Us Mesdemoiselles said...

love the outfit! the necklace is such a great statement piece love it

Jessica said...

Very chic. I love that top! I can't believe it's F21, it looks so vintage!

Harriet said...

I love your top, it's very pretty, the pattern is amazing! I have definitely had 'one of those weeks' last week just about went on forever, but I'm excited for the next one!

ellie jane-e valentine. said...

you're hair is KILLER.

http://closetobsessions.blogspot.com

A-C said...

I've had the week from hell too! My computer died we had to wipe it, reinstall vista then install windows 7. SO glad that's over.

This outfit is so cool. If you hadn't mentioned it, we would never know that you hadn't planned it out.

Danielle said...

Cute necklace!

Emily D. said...

This outfit is wonderful. I love the print of the tunic and the flashes of red. And what a cool necklace! It reminds me quite a lot of some I bought in Southern Africa during Peace Corps.

closet365 said...

That is such a fun top. I love black white and red anything.

Cool necklace as well!

Becca said...

your hair is absolutely fantastic!

CC said...

HAIR TUTORIAL PLEASE ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!