Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Over the Weekend Part 2: I Love Breakfast and Candy

As promised, here is the second half of my whirl-wind weekend! Saturday was relaxing, Jen and I started our day by meeting up with more bloggers for breakfast. The original place we had planned to visit had a two hour wait, so we just hopped down the street to Frankie's which was fine by me. Coffee and a breakfast sandwich? yes please! Breakfast/brunch just happens to be my favorite meal of the day! Frankie's was also a little quieter than the first place, it was nice to be able to have a good conversation.
(above photo by Andrea) It's a little known fact that I am super awkward (more awkward than normal) until I get some coffee in me.
(above photo by Andrea) Christine of Second Skin and Jen.
(above photo by Andrea) Mel of Idee Geniale and Nikki of Wild as a Mink
Andrea and Tieka
One girl dork parade. (above photo by Andrea)
Andrea's hair is amazing, so pretty!
Me! (photo by Andrea)
After breakfast, we all headed over to this amazing candy store that was filled to the brim with goodies. Things got funny pretty fast, with everyone exclaiming "oh! I love ________!" I found a wax mustache and some Garbage Pail Kids cards for Chris and bought myself some gummy colas (my drug of choice).
Christine and Mel
Elizabeth of Delightfully Tacky (photo by Andrea)
I wasn't the only one to find the mustaches! (Mel and Christine photographed by Andrea)
After the candy store we parted ways, Jen and I went off to explore New York and Brooklyn and everyone else headed off to the Chictopia10 conference. It was so amazing to meet all of these inspiring and energetic girls, I just wish we had had more time together. Friday and Saturday went by so fast, all of a sudden Jen and I were back on the train headed upstate. As sad as I was to leave everyone, I was excited to get back to my own bed. The drive from the train station in upstate NY back to Beverly was LONG and dark, I didn't get back until 2am! Luckily I had the new GPS Chris's step-mom had given us for christmas to guide me and some rad 80's hair metal on the radio to keep me awake. Sunday was spent recovering and snuggling with these two...
Whew! So, longest post ever huh?! All in all it was such a great time and I honestly loved everyone that I met. We hit the window of perfect weather too, as we're getting quite the storm. I'm happy with it though, blizzards are beautiful!
Have a nice night!

34 comments:

End of my bed threads said...

WOW! these pictures are fabulous. How cool to have planned this get together.
I especially like the cigs and mustaches. All of you are very photogenic.

End of my bed threads said...

Oh, and those KITTIES!

B i k e W o r k P l a y said...

Def not Dork Parade! You guys looks so cute. I love Christine with the mo/ciggie, adorable.

You have a lovely coat and beanie.

Fashion Therapist said...

LOVE all these pictures....I esp love the one with the mustaches!

urbanrhetoric said...

sounds great....looks like you had an amazing time in nyc!

~pemora

Tanglewood said...

Whew, so worth it to come home to those kitties though! Also, your gold dress from the night before was my favorite. Thanks for sharing!

Kallie said...

That looks like so much fun! I especially like your one woman dork parade shot, gorgeoussss!

Sara Lynn said...

looks like so much fun!! The kitties are soooo sweet btw! :)

PS what kind of camera do you have? your pics are amazing.

http://chubbylumpkin.blogspot.com

Orchid Grey said...

Sara-Lynn, I use a Nikon D70 but some of those pics are Andrea's

Michelle said...

very pretty photos! i've been reading all these New York posts and it just seems like you guys all had the time of your lives.

MissKellie said...

Aw, it looks like you all had a great time! :D Bloggers are such fun people!

http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

Clare said...

Yeah, I'm fairly sure I could eat gummy colas every day of the week. I love that you had such a great trip!

idée_géniale said...

Aw, what a great recap Julie! It was so great to meet you! This weekend went by way too fast!!

♥Lola said...

That looks absolutely amazing! I wish we had lolly stores like that in Australia :) Also I'll be making your blog a featured article sometime this week on Wikifashion :)

City Girl Chicago said...

these photos are fantastic ~ looks to be so much fun! (and your kitties are adorable

Lexie said...

you girls are all so gorgeous! i'm glad you had such a fun trip!

myedit said...

1. Your Mom's Vs dress rocked my socks... I could not be wearing socks and they would still be rocking.
2. Candy is delicious.
3. Your cats are two freaking cute.
4. Glad you had fun!

crowdedcloset said...

omg. ur cats are soooo cute. and ur cute!

SOOO LOVELY TO MEET YOU!!!!!!

xo, Kim

tess said...

I've been seeing links to your blog everywhere since this conference, I knew I had to stop by your blog to see the girl with the amazing hair (and style) hehe. what a fun post! can't wait to see more

Liz said...

I would kill for those moustaches and cigarettes!

Katie, Tinda Keelie said...

The more I read about all you guys, the more I start to feel like you're some group of old friends I've always known. It's soooo weird.

Sounds like you had an amazing time!

Jen said...

ahhh these pictures by andrea are so gorgeous and you look so great in these shots :D

D. said...

You look like you had so much fun!

Jenn said...

Fun pictures! I totally sympathize with you about being completely awkward before morning coffee!!

And your kittles are adorable!

The Jazzy Belle said...

you guys documented this trip very well!! like all the shared photos.. I feel you on that coffee situation.. i need the whole 45 minute ride to work w/ coffee and music to get (un)awkward :) love the kitties

Little Ocean Annie said...

Beautiful pictures, yet again! I love the Dork Parade picture of you, your smile is so contagious! And those kittens look so dang snuggly!

chicfaced said...

you ladies are adorable--all my favorite bloggers in one post! and, once again, i am so jealous of your cats. xoxo, laura

vanessa said...

One dork girl parade......I love you, haha

You look so cute in all of these pictures, and it looks like you had a ton of fun.

Girl from the North Country said...

haha your so adorable! I love that white knit hat your wearing! Huge girl crush on Julie, you bet!

Ace said...

Oh my gosh, your friend in the hat is too cute. Where is that hat from? And I love her makeup.

Erin Cathleen said...

You girls are all so beautiful! Looks like you had a blast, to say the least. But I bet it was nice to get back home to those two snuggly kitties! Too precious!

plaisirs simples said...

hahaha love the "awkward until i get my coffee" comment. i know what you mean!

bp said...

these pictures look great - what a fun weekend!

D said...

glad you had fun. i assume the first restaurant you tried was the clinton street baking co. dang it, i knew the moment i saw my fave nyc restaurant on the bobby flay throw down that the waits there would be even more unbearable. i would wait for that place though.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!