Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Daily Style

Tee-Shirt: Gap (9.00)
Skirt: J.Crew (8.00)
Belt: Vintage (gift)
Shoes: Tag Sale (2.00)
Tights: Wal-Mart (6.00)
Scarf: Vintage (mom's)
Sunnies: Urban Outfitters (4.99)
I know my photo orders are funny here, but I honestly couldn't decide today. So, is anyone else experiencing frigid temperatures? Our photo-taking was cut short by 14 degree weather, I got some strange looks as I ran to the mural behind our apartment, threw off my coat, and posed for Chris' rapid fire camera skills! I'm still on the hunt for a place in our apartment that is photogenic and doesn't require the moving of furniture for my daily photo. The high winds have really put the kibosh on the use of my tripod outdoors. Ah, life in New England, so difficult for us style bloggers!

Today, Chris and I were able to spend the day together because it was his day off and I'm still on vacation! We didn't do anything too special, this morning I worked on a special project (which will be revealed tomorrow!) and this afternoon we just ran errands. i wanted to wear something special because we don't get to spend a lot of time together due to our jobs. I bought this purple tweed skirt last week while I was home, North Conway, NH (which is 20 min. from my Mom's) has the best J.Crew outlet- it's almost untouched because it's pretty quiet this time of year! I also picked up these cable-knit sweater tights- a surprising find at Wal-Mart of all places. I haven't been to a Wal-Mart in ages, I tend to avoid it because the one near us is a nightmare, but had to stop there for a couple of late Christmas supplies. I have to say, these purple tights are my new favorite, they fit perfectly and have just the right amount of stretch.

Is everyone excited for New Years? Chris and I still have no idea what we're doing, I would love to get up early on Friday and watch the sunrise. But that's just me. We've been invited to some parties, but like Chris said, "we'll probably hem and haw about it until 9 and then make dinner and watch a movie". I know, we're so exciting, right? We'll see. What are you doing to ring in 2010?

30 comments:

Clare said...

That skirt is my favorite thing, ever. I LOVE this outfit, and the awesome backdrop. It's been pretty frigid in Chi-town lately too, and I've definitely started opting for the indoor pics. Lazy, wimpy me.

alltumbledown said...

I am so impressed that you took pictures outside! Here in NY, I was freezing all day- indoors!

I really like the mix of colors going on in your outfit here, and how the scarf pulls them all together. Sweater tights just came into my life, and I'm on the lookout for a new pair.. if only there was a Walmart in Manhattan.

I read your blog regularly, and always find you to be such an inspiration. Whatever you end up doing, have a very happy new year!

Meg said...

I love this whole outfit!!! I'm suffering pretty much the same issue (in Iowa) - feel like I'm getting a little too expert at throwing off my coat and running in front of the camera... how people must laugh when they see us!!

Kennedy said...

um yes the cold weather is terrible for outfit pictures! i was planning on taking photos on the roof tonight, but it was so cold that i had to give up and take them inside! youre such a trooper.

Fashion Therapist said...

Yes it's freezing in Chicago too! Luckily we don't get a ton of foot traffic by where I live, but if we did I would get a ton of strange looks too. Lucky you for that JCrew outlet!

Annie, Time Enough for Drums said...

Living in Minnesota, I have dealt with some sub-zero temperatues this winter already, and it's hard! There's really no good place in my apartment for outfit photos...so I understand your dilemma. New Years: Going to the cinema. Annie.

Sonya said...

This is a really cute outfit! I might just have to go to Walmart and find some tights like that!
I live in Fl, so what I think is cold is probably warm for you!

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

Hannah Malcolm said...

Your hair looks so pretty like this! Love the outfit. I hope you have a good New Year.

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

ohh i totally love this skirt! is it wool? i have been craving one like it for winter...so cozy!
(and again, you are a master with color)

The Owl's Closet said...

i love ur whole outfit! love the color of the tights and those shoes!!:) i'm sure whatever u guys do for new year's will be fun:D

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

closet365 said...

Super excited for New Year's. Hope yours is marvelous however you spend it.

This outfit is FAB. I'm a sucker for a good scarf and I just love the rest.

closet365.wordpress.com

chic said...

What a fabulous back drop that wall is, and I love the outfit! The big scarf and those shoes are probably my favorite parts of it. Happy New Year to you and Chris!

S.

Ash said...

My work schedule usually puts a damper on my blogging. Right now it is lack of internet. I am visiting my parents and I managed to find a very very slow connection for the first time in several days! eek! I feel so distant from all of my blog friends! Anyways, all I really have to say about this post is the glasses, the glasses, the glasses! Fab!

chaoskontrolowany said...

Great outfit! Happy New Year! ;))

Dominika said...

lovely outfit! ^^

happy new year! <3

Linda said...

We are going to hem and haw too. We have 3 options but would just rather stay in watching movies and eating crap. New Years is the world's most overrated holiday in my opinion!

Kristin said...

you are so dang cute. happy new year!

briannelee said...

I love everything about your outfit! SO cute!

Happy 2010!!!!!

Danielle said...

I'm getting into wearing scarves lately, this one is cute!

MissNeira said...

This is an adorable outfit! and I love these photos, the background is amazing

Girl from the North Country said...

your too stinkin cute!

I grew up in Lebanon (5 minutes from Dartmouth College) Its funny how two people with similar likes and back grounds have never bumped into each other in real life

Taylor Sterling said...

very cute!! love the tights!!

Lexie said...

i loooove your skirt! and the way you belted it into the paper-bag style is so cute.

b.a. said...

oh my. this is so freakin' cute. love this outfit.

Wear Necessities said...

I love the colors in this outfit, and great prices! Happy new year! - Natalya of Wear Necessities

Gina said...

you look fabulous, i think this is the best outfit i've seen you in so far & your hair looks beautiful!

happy new year

piglet said...

What a wonderful look! I especially love the sunnies and the way you styled your hair!

Lisa said...

I came across your blog today and I am really impressed. I love your style and I especially love this outfit!! It is perfect!
And that is such a pretty, elegant updo!

Happy New Year!

Molly said...

love the scarf, love the shoes, love the tights (esp because theyre from walmart...nothing better than a cheap accessory)

ANA said...

LOVE this outfit! Love the skirt, love your hair... I would love to learn to put my hair up like that!

The Boston weather is definitely rough, I've always used it as an excuse to dress poorly, but I'm hoping to change that.

http://toilntroubleknits.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!