Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Daily Style: Wednesday

Sweater: Hand Made by Grandmother
Dress: American Apparel (40.00)
Tights: Vera Wang for Kohls (7.00)
Socks: Hue via TjMaxx (3.99)
Boots: Grinders
I'm currently at my mother's house in Maine until Saturday, so the dress code is decidedly lax. I rediscovered this sweater yesterday when rooting through trunks looking for treasure, my Nanana (grandmother) made this when I was seven years old! I love how it fits now, 3/4 sleeves and a little shrunken. The boots I've had forever and are the most comfortable things. I love the traditional ox blood color and how the leather has been worn away from years of wear. They're steel toe too, which makes them super warm and perfect for tromping through the snow (or tromping through town finishing my christmas shopping!). The weather has been beautiful, but very very chilly, I am really hoping we get some snow for christmas!
Is everyone ready for tomorrow? I just have a few more things to pick up and then I'm done! I'll be spending the rest of my afternoon listining to carols and making dozens and dozens of rum balls! yum!
Many of you have been asking me tons of questions about my hair lately, I'm going to (try) and put together a big post next week about it, it's kind of an involved subject and is going to take a little more concentration than my usual posts. i haven't bee avoiding the question, I'm just choosing my time right!
Q&A will resume next week!

27 comments:

chicfaced said...

dude YOUR HAIR. seriously. you have supermodel hair. it's honestly the best accessory you could have for any of your outfits too....like your last 60s outfit from last Thursday - who needs jewelry?!

Merry Christmas!
-Megan

Laura Gerencser said...

Love the tights!! Merry Christmas!!

Jill said...

Those boots are amazing. I covet them. Enjoy your holiday!

Fashion Therapist said...

I love this outfit...I may have to try this combo.

Amy said...

Love those tights, you look so adorable!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

xoxo
Amy

The Village Idiot said...

love this look! the colors work sooo well together

CH!C $hock said...

love those colors together. isn't it fun taking pictures in the snow:)

xoxo,m

Dominika said...

love your boots!
and you hair is so pretty! ^^

happy christmas! <3

Inge said...

Those colours are amazing! I love the boldness of the tights vs. the super subtle colour-differences in the sweater and in your hair. It's beautiful!
Happy Holidays!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

You do have amazing hair! It makes me jealous! I love those tights!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

love the orange tights and burgundy socks--and i love how different that sweater makes the dress look.
(by the way, this morning my little sister comes down with gorgeeeous hair and announces "i've done my hair like orchid grey"--adorable!)

Ash said...

Its funny you mention your hair because I just spent about 5 minutes starring not at your outfit (which is also wonderful) but at your hair. it is awesome. You have great volume and texture where it needs to be and no random bends or kinks in wierd places (my hair is ridiculous for "going the wrong way" all the time). I think it is beautiful so I can see why you get alot of qestions about it!

Sidewalk Chalk said...

Your hair looks fantastic! I love that sweater with your dress. Have a great holiday! :) - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Lexie said...

you restyle that AA dress so well! the orange tights look great with it!

Annie, Time Enough for Drums said...

Lovely boots. Annie.

Kennedy said...

those boots are lovely and way to go pulling off those amazing tights. also again your HAIR! what i wouldnt give...

Jen said...

i love the look of the sweater over the shirt dress, definitely gotta try that out VERY soon. :) and your hair is fabulous as always!

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

You really do have amazing hair.. I'm in LOVE with it. And your outfit is super adorable, as always. Have a wonderful holiday!

Jen said...

ah, i forget to mention, i nominated you for a blog award :)

Natalie said...

so cute! i've got red tights coming to me in the mail and i cannot wait to receive them. u totally rock them! :)

xoxo

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Urooba said...

Your hair = still amazing!
Your boots= I want!

Linda said...

I didn't mind at all that you posted that question. Merry Christmas to you as well I hope the rest of your year is relaxing and fun. I hope you spend lots of time with family friends and of course your cats!

Sidewalk Chalk said...

I'd just like to say that I really love your hair. Today my sister compared my hair to yours, she said it looked Orchid Grey pretty. Lately I've considered cutting it, but recently I've decided not to. You've inspired me to style my long hair instead of my normal routine of chopping it off. - Nikki

Sarah Clarke Gaudet said...

lovely boots Julie! Hope you had a wonderful holiday...

Miriam said...

I love that outfit! It's so hard to look put together in this sort of weather and you pull it off really well.

Catie said...

This outfit looks so good! And it's really cool that you have a story behind the sweater.

Julia said...

I love the red tights, and your hair! My god! I'd kill for that hair!

xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!