Monday, November 2, 2009

Over the Weekend (or: My Weekend With Elvis)...

This weekend was quite the whirlwind! Friday, I flew down to Tennessee for work. My first stop was Memphis, where I went here:
At Sun Studios...
And then I drove to Nashville...
I wish I had had more time in Nashville, but after my event was over i really just had time to get changed and go for dinner on 2nd Street. I'm so glad I was able to visit Graceland and Sun Studios in Memphis though,but I wish I could have done so much more (Stax Records, The National Civil Rights Museum...). Tennessee was great, but I was very happy to get back to New England this afternoon. Tomorrow I leave for New York, where I will be stationed for two weeks (agh)!

8 comments:

futurelint said...

I'm jealous - I've always wanted to go to Graceland! Sometimes I think it would be fun to have to travel for work (like free mini-vacations) but mostly it seems like a pain in the ass (who wants to hang out in airports and hotel rooms?)

Lexie said...

2nd street! you mean 2nd ave! ;)

Orchid Grey said...

FutureLint, It's mostly just a pain in the ass. Fun to visit new places. but it gets real old, real fast!

Lexie, right you are! whoops!

Leproust Vintage said...

Hooray! I love in Nashville! You should definitely come back when you get more time...there is some incredible shopping! I have always wanted to visit Graceland, and never have, even though it is just a few hours away! :(

Sarah Clarke Gaudet said...

Great shots! Enjoy New York as much as you can:)

www.smalltownchic.com

alexandra said...

omg i am soooo jealous you went to graceland! have a great time in nyc!

Orchid Grey said...

thanks all!

richard wayne said...

I'm completely jealous of your trip to Tennessee, especially Memphis. But thanks for the photos!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!