Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Never Ending Work Week: Beverly to Hartford to Beverly

I don't usually post on weekends, but since I was up and getting ready for work anyway, I figured I would. Sorry for the craptacular photos, I woke up to torrential downpours this morning which made taking nice pictures pretty impossible (we have a pretty extreme low light situation in our apartment).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cat: Zebediah (free)
Button up: RUCA via Eastern Boarder (30.00)
Skirt: Thrifted (1.99)
Tights: Thrifted (free)
Necklace: H&M (9.90)
Shoes: Thrifted (20.00)
As I mentioned yesterday and the day before, I found some pretty prime thrift finds during my time in Maine. Below is by far the best:
Photobucket
A grey fleece Diane Von Furstenburg poncho (6.00). I'm thinking I'll wear it with a flowy top and really tall platform boots. It's a little gigantic, but I think it works. Kind of like a fashion-snuggie. har har. I'll be slowly posting my other treasures as I wear them this next week. Rain tomorrow again. Also tomorrow: more work. sad.

13 comments:

briannelee said...

Oooo, that poncho is great!

Marta Castellanos said...

Lucky you!!You made a great thrifting!
I´m absolutly IN LOVE with your lovely cat!!!

myedit said...

Good thrifting find!!! Can't wait to see how you style that up!

E said...

You're a thrifting genius! I bow down to you! That skirt and, man, that poncho!!!

Amy said...

Love that poncho! I can't believe you got that for $6. Amazing! The way you are going to pair it sounds so lovely!

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Clare said...

LOVE the tights and heels! Can't wait to see the poncho in action!

Sarah Clarke Gaudet said...

great poncho and the kitty!

www.smalltownchic.com

chicfaced said...

ohmygosh! dvf for $6! lucky girl - what an awesome find!

blackdog finds said...

That is a kicka$$ find!

Kansas Couture said...

That poncho is AMAZING. The perfect cozy yet chic fall item.

Orchid Grey said...

Thank you all! the poncho- I'm so proud of myself!

un bel oiseau said...

ohhhh killer outfit! also, your art looks fantastic! maybe do a post of those? i love seeing what people collect/make themselves :)

theowlsarenotwhattheyseem said...

zomg that DVF poncho may just be the best thrifting find of all time!!! i love it so much. and i think i say this every time i comment on your site, but seeing your hair makes me want to get a wig. or extensions. or whatever would make my hair look more like yours, hehe. ~joelle

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!