Thursday, October 22, 2009

Daily Style...

Velvet Elvis...
Velvet Blazer: Jack by BB Dakota via TjMaxx (19.99)
Jeans: BDG via Urban Outfitters (gift)
Tee-Shirt (worn underneath): J.Crew Outlet (9.99)
Scarf: H&M (12.00)
Heels: Guess via TjMaxx (24.00)
Gold and Onyx Bracelet: gift from grandmother
(Photos by Chris....whoops!)
I love this blazer, it's one of my favorite TjMaxx finds, one of those treasures that catches your attention just before you leave the store empty handed- peeking out from a cluttered rack. Maybe that's setting the scene a little too dramatically, but the fit alone sold me on this jacket instantly. I love the fabric too, it's perfect with jeans and a tee-shirt, anything more and it would be too much. Today was a good day: I actually got to see the inside of my office! It was nice to just sit at my desk instead of running around frantically from school to school. I did have a (very) early AM presentation at Beverly HS, but that was easy- it's just down the road! This next week will be the calm before my storm- next Friday I leave for Memphis and Nashville where I will be attending National Portfolio Day, then I fly back on Monday only to leave again on Tuesday for two weeks (two freakin' weeks!) for upstate New York. So, yes, I am savoring these next few days of relative calm. Anyone have recommendations on what to do in Nashville and Memphis?!