Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Daily Style: Inspired By Art

Top: H&M (24.90)
Skirt: Thrifted in Maine (1.99)
Shoes: Forever 21 (13.99)
Necklace: J.Crew outlet (14.99)
Belt: J.Crew outlet (4.99)
Bracelet: Gift
Photos by Chris
Today I used a painting done by my friend Adria for my inspiration. It is actually a painting she did using one of my self portraits taken senior year of college, so this is an older piece, maybe fours years now? I love the areas of light and dark and bright poppy pinks. I think pairing this peach chiffon top with the black leather skirt softened my whole look, I really don't do the whole rocker look- especially during work hours- so I was trying to avoid too much of a night-time feel. I love the seams on this skirt, I had been trying to find the perfect black leather skirt (and was close to buying one full price), and finally found this beauty on one of my business trips to Maine. The pink belt is actually quite long, so I wrap it in on itself when I wear it higher. Don't you love the little elephant? I found this necklace on Monday while killing time between presentations in New Hampshire.
I've got the house to myself tonight, as Chris is driving one of our friends home to North Conway, NH. I've rented The Proposal (filmed right up the road in Rockport, MA!) and am planning on snuggling up on the couch with my kitties and trying to spot local artist Karen Tusinski's paintings which were used in the movie!