Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Daily Style: Inspired By Art

Top: H&M (24.90)
Skirt: Thrifted in Maine (1.99)
Shoes: Forever 21 (13.99)
Necklace: J.Crew outlet (14.99)
Belt: J.Crew outlet (4.99)
Bracelet: Gift
Photos by Chris
Today I used a painting done by my friend Adria for my inspiration. It is actually a painting she did using one of my self portraits taken senior year of college, so this is an older piece, maybe fours years now? I love the areas of light and dark and bright poppy pinks. I think pairing this peach chiffon top with the black leather skirt softened my whole look, I really don't do the whole rocker look- especially during work hours- so I was trying to avoid too much of a night-time feel. I love the seams on this skirt, I had been trying to find the perfect black leather skirt (and was close to buying one full price), and finally found this beauty on one of my business trips to Maine. The pink belt is actually quite long, so I wrap it in on itself when I wear it higher. Don't you love the little elephant? I found this necklace on Monday while killing time between presentations in New Hampshire.
I've got the house to myself tonight, as Chris is driving one of our friends home to North Conway, NH. I've rented The Proposal (filmed right up the road in Rockport, MA!) and am planning on snuggling up on the couch with my kitties and trying to spot local artist Karen Tusinski's paintings which were used in the movie!

19 comments:

Lexie said...

this is just so pretty! i especially love the bright pink belt. your "inspired by art" posts are so neat.

Kat said...

Love the outfit! The necklace is so cute. Elephants are my favourite animal.

Sydney said...

Oh I love the contrast between the top and skirt! And the pop of color in the belt is perfect. Love this.

Kyla said...

This is SUCH a great outfit! I love it! The blouse, the skirt, the SHOES! It's all perfect! I super in love with that necklace. I've written about my thing for elephants before - I just can't get enough!

Elaine said...

Oh my goodness. You look AMAZING!!!!! I love everything about it! Especially the subtle pop of pink!!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Clare said...

Julie, I really love that you're doing this whole "inspired by art" thing with your outfits. It just adds so much to know what has inspired you, and to top it off they are seriously amazing outfits. This one is just stunning!

Angela said...

cute little elephant necklace!

idée_géniale said...

Love everything about your outfit! That little elephant pendant is totally sute and that painting is wow!

alya said...

I DO love the necklace. Nice mix with the leather and chiffon, too.

Kass said...

Darling outfit,
i especially like the little pop of pink color!

Linda said...

Love this outfit. Your body is ROCKIN!
I love the elephant too...I want that elephant.

briannelee said...

I love your outfit! Love the hot pink belt and the little elephant necklace.

Fell 4 Fashion said...

Fabulous blouse!

Amy said...

Alright, I want that skirt, that blouse, those shoes and that necklace... Basically, I want your whole outfit! Love it, Love it, Love it!!

How did you like the Proposal? I thought it was such a cute movie, but I am a sap for all romantic comedies. The scenes are so beautiful- I love Rockport!

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

The Village Idiot said...

great shoes!!! i love your hair- i wish mine would grow faster!!!!
you've got great style!

Jennifer said...

This is the MOST LOVELY outfit ever! *Swoon* its so beautiful! The perfect mix of feminine and rocker chic.
-jenloveskev

futurelint said...

Cute - love the flutteriness (I don't think that's a word!) of the top with the leather skirt! Too right on those seams - lovely!

Orchid Grey said...

thank you all for the sweet comments! Amy, I thought the Proposal was OK, I was more into how they made Rockport into Alaska, I thought it was funny how often Motif No.1 (the little red fishermans shack) was in the movie- it's such an iconic spot (has been the subject of many paintings)!

chucksmith40 said...

Leather is perfect in the office when it is done "classy" and YOU LOOK VERY "CLASSY" in this outfit. Keep showing all the ladies how to wear the always stylish leather skirt well!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!