Monday, September 14, 2009

Over the Weekend...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Dress: Salvation Army kids section (1.00)
Cardigan: H&M (16.00)
Tights: F21 (5.00)
Flats: DIY
How was your weekend? Mine was free of obligations, which was a really nice change of pace! Saturday was quite rainy, so I ended up spending most of the day at home.
I did make a quick stop at Salvation Army where I picked up this cute kids dress. I almost didn't buy this piece, it's a little faded and also outside the norm of what I
typically wear, I'm so glad I bought it though, it proved the perfect outfit for Sunday, which was date day for Chris and I. Sunday was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! The sun was shining
and it was the perfect weather for being outdoors! Chris and I started the day at our favorite diner for breakfast, and then headed out to Lincoln, MA to visit the DeCordova
Sculpture Park! The DeCordova is great because it's pretty cheap and close to home, and you can just hang around on the grass all day if you want! It's also nice because it's
sort of in the woods, I like getting out of the city environment whenever I can.
Chris, in the woods:
My favorite shark sculpture:
Lazing on the lawn:
The best tree ever (where my first shot was taken):
You can go inside and see all the names that were carved by previous visitors:
A really big....chicken! (harhar):
This was part of a trio of small sculptures, I thought they all looked like sad poops. I'm gross. Sorry.
A Steven Siegel installation made entirely of stacked newspapers:
It was really nice to have two days where I didn't have to do anything. My work schedule is going to be pretty scary for the next couple of months. As a College Admissions Counselor, part of my job requires that I travel September through November to present our school to high school students. It means long hours and not many free weekends. It also means that I'm away from home a lot, so I won't be able to see much of Chris. It was nice to have a day together. Soon, you'll be hearing all about my travels!