Friday, September 25, 2009

I hit your honor student so hard...

...He Dropped his GPA
(possibly the most inappropriate and...just...dumb t-shirt you could possibly wear to a college fair)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Scarf: Vintage from Mom
Necklace (worn as bracelet): yard sale (1.00)
Tunic: Forever 21 (15.00)
Jeans: BDG via UO gift
Shoes: TjMaxx (20.00)
As I mentioned in my last post, Thursday afternoon I drove up to Durham, New Hampshire for a huge college fair. These fairs aren't so bad, they're definitely good people watching and it's really rewarding when you talk to a student who is super stoked on your school. But, yeah, I mostly like it for the people watching. The saying above was on some boy's t-shirt who was wandering around with his mother. Why he was allowed to wear something like that to a college fair is beyond me. The wording doesn't really even make sense. The last fair I attended, girls were walking around wearing fangs (thanks so much Twilight). Really? Fangs to a college fair? I think I'm getting old.
After the fair I walked around Portsmouth, NH which is just down the road:
It's very pretty...
Next week I'll be traveling around Maine for work, I can't wait to go thrifting!
Happy Weekend!

(EDIT) To clear up the confusion, I'm a college Admissions Counselor which is why I was at a college fair. My next post will talk a little more about this.

21 comments:

E said...

I'm old, too, Fangs, wow.

Clare said...

The outfit is fantastic!! I love the tunic and scarf, and most of all, those wedge heels are to DIE for. D.I.E. Oh, and I work at a college too, and dealing with all the incoming freshman is always a hoot. They just keep getting younger!

briannelee said...

I love your scarf!

I definitely want to take a trip to Portsmouth. It looks really cute.

L.T. said...

Lovely scarf!

Wear Necessities said...

Awesome post and great idea to go to a college fair for people watching!

Indiana Adams said...

Hahaha! When you were like, "I'm going to a college fair" I was like, "Wow. She's in high school? Or she's at junior college?"

It all makes sense now. I think.

Orchid Grey said...

A clarification: I'm a college Admissions Counselor

Sarah Clarke Gaudet said...

I absolutely love Portsmouth! My favorite store is Macro Polo. I always do all of my christmas shopping there. oh, and also the red hook brewery. what good beer!

love your outfit. that tunic is great.

www.smalltownchic.com

Linda said...

First of all your outfit is super cute.
Secondly...fangs? You aren't serious. I remember being an obsessive teenager though, teenagers must have chemical imbalances or something.

myedit said...

Beautiful scarf and great laidback style.
I hope the girls were wearing their fangs with their abercrombie sweats and ugg boots...teenage uniform really.

Delightfully Tacky said...

I adore your scarf!

Ash Fox said...

ah you are so pretty! i love the scarf and your top.

x

www.tittees.blogspot.com

emilyanne said...

I love the stories I hear from people who work for a college. I hear stories like this all the time from my friend who's a TA at Kansas U. The fangs are classic!

monica said...

u work for a college? thats so cool!

the pictures are amazing! Portsmouth is soooo pretty

Laura said...

gorgeous scarf, loving the outfits lately! and the hair of course!

www.chicfaced.com

Leproust Vintage said...

Beautiful scarf!

Your comments regarding the t-shirt and fangs are hilarious! I truly cannot believe people would wear those to a college fair! I guess it definitely does make for some good people watching! :)

Kelly & Tracy said...

Portsmouth looks beautiful, love your outfit too!

Fell 4 Fashion said...

haha about the fangs! People have such issues! U look fabulous!

Amy said...

Gorgeous scarf!!

Haha I would die if I went to a college fair and saw people wearing fangs... too funny!!

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

cutandsew said...

I love this scarf! So cute!!

Orchid Grey said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!