Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Daily Style...

It was 90 degrees today!
Dress: F21 (19.00)
Belt: Thrifted (2.00)
Shoes: Thrifted (1.00)
Bracelet: F21 (5.00)
I absolutely LOVE Native American inspired belts, and have a small collection growing in my closet. So, when I found this one at Todd Farm on Sunday, I knew I couldn't pass it up! I think I like them because I remember wearing them all the time as a child. They make perfect waist-belts too, since they are usually very small. I love all of the different colors that are incorporated in them.
A close-up:
I wore this after returning from working in Boston all day, the outfit I was wearing for work was too layered and uncomfy and the linen fabric of this dress ended up being perfect for meeting friends to celebrate a birthday over mexican food and margaritas. Linen is one of my favorite materials- it's so light and airy! I wish I hadn't spent so much time in the city, today would have been perfect for the beach!

Now, I have to let my inner narcissist rear it's ugly head for a minute (so If you'll please excuse me). How excited was I to log on to Weardrobe yesterday and find myself staring back at me!
(very excited!)
Thank you, for giving this girl a much needed boost! Weardrobe is a lovely website and I highly recommend you check it out (if you haven't already!)
Bonne Nuit!


nookie said...

congrats on the features!love your dress.

Clare said...

Congratulations!! LOVElovelove the belt! And I've been dying for a pair of shoes like those; love them!

Dionne said...

I love the neckline on that dress! It's so dainty.

And woo hoo for being featured!

Orchid Grey said...

@Nookie: thank you, I originally bought it as a swim coverup but it works much nicer as a dress!

@Clare: Thank you, the shoes are by Dexter and are orthopedic. you could probably find a similar pair online.

@Dionne: Thank you!

Crystal Ball said...

Congrats! I love that belt and dress combo.

WendyB said...


gangsta bride said...

awesome. bout time you got some recognition for that sweet style of yours.

Orchid Grey said...

thank you! I really appreciate that!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!