Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Daily Style & Art Notes...

Indian Summer Here We Come!
Necklace: Candace Ang for UO (9.99)
Dress: F21 (19.00)
Belt: Thrifted: (.50)
Shoes: Target (20.00)
I think it's official: Linen is one of my favorite fabrics, especially for summer. Today was upwards of 95 degrees, a perfect day for the lightness and breathability of linen. This dress definitely pushes it length-wise for work though- what's with F21's hemlines? Are they designing these skirts and dresses for nine year-olds with 27 inch waists? I ordered a super cute skirt last week, only to find it barely covered my bum, so disappointing! Now I'm on the search for a similar color fabric so I can add five inches to the length. Oh well, enough ranting! This afternoon brought more painting, but the good thing is, our living-room is really starting to look like a gallery space! I can't wait to post pictures of the process and the show next week!

In Art (All Things Bowie) Notes...
How completely awesome does this Labyrinth sing-along look?
Those of you that live in western Massachusetts (ahem, JenLovesKev) I implore you: Go to this, go sing along with Bowie, go watch David Bowie saunter around wearing an enormous cod-piece, and think of me. The Labyrinth sing-along takes place at Mass MOCA on Thursday, August 27 @ 8:30 pm, I wish I could go but 4 hours is a long time to drive on a Thursday night. If you've never been to Mass MOCA before, I highly suggest visiting! The museum is located in North Adams, MA which is beautiful and worth visiting as well!
Before I go, I'll leave you with this Bowie tribute video by the amazing Flight of the Conchords...
Cheers!

24 comments:

Clare said...

Oh my god I would die to see a Labyrinth singalong. Seriously. Also, I totally hadn't made up my mind about FOTC until I saw the Bowie in Space episode. And then I decided it was the best show of all time.

LOVE the dress you're wearing too! You look fab in that color, and the necklace is gorgeous!!

Jennifer said...

First off love the outfit! You look great!

Second- hahahaha Labyrinth Sing Along sounds amazing!! I love MassMOCa it's so great there. I live like 25 mins from it. Hmmm must go get tickets!!
-jenloveskev

Orchid Grey said...

@Clare: I completely agree about FOTC- I was totally on the fence about them until I saw this video. I hear the second season is a bit better than the first too!

@Jennifer: Thank you! I wish we lived closer to MassMoca, it's such a great museum- they've had some great concerts lately too.

chicfaced said...

Laura and I were just laughing about an 11.5 in hemline I saw on one of the skirts on f21.com. 11.5 inches. What is that?!?! I'm always down for a mini skirt but that is ridic.
-Megan

Linda said...

I agree, Linen is AMAZING in the summer. Yesterday was blistering and I wore black linen pants, I felt really cool all day... I guess I am just naturally "cool". F21 is unimpressive lately, I know short is in but COME ON!

Fell4fashion said...

I love EVERYTHING about this look! Great dress, necklace, shoes, I want them all :)

coco said...

I have to be honest: I have always written linen off as sort of an "old lady" fabric, so I rarely wear it. But you make it look so young, fresh, and modern! I love this look. And living in Georgia, I can use all the light, breathable fabrics I can get! I'm a convert. :)

Sooo L.A. said...

i agree with everyone! the outfit is super cute. but no one has commented on how great your hair looks! i LOVE it! =)

xoxo

Orchid Grey said...

@Linda: Linen pants make you extra cool, har har. I agree about F21.

@Fell4Fashion: Thank you!

@Coco: F21 has had a lot of linen lately, i used to think the same about it too because my mom was always talking about how comfortable it is!

@Soooo L.A. : thank you for the hair comment!

Leproust Vintage said...

I love love love you necklace; it is so adorable!

Kansas Couture said...

I love the sunny yellow color of the dress and your chunky necklace. I am sooo jealous of your hair. I wish I could get that kind of amazing body. :) Mine just isn't thick enough. And I totally know what you mean about F21 hemlines. It usually works out for me because I'm super short, but I don't know how normal-height people wear some of their stuff!

Krystal said...

HAHA, FOTC! Love! And wow, might I just saw, the hair is looking mighty awesome, lady! How do you do it?!

Orchid Grey said...

@LeProust: Thank you!

@Kansas Couture: Thank you, I have the opposite problem- my hair is ridiculously thick- I think it adds ten pounds to my body mass!

@Krystal: thank you!

Christine said...

Lovely outift! I'm completely in love with your dress because a) yellow is my favorite color and b) I love linen as well.

Oh and I agree with you about those Forever 21 hemlines!! It's soooo frustrating! So many cute dresses I refuse to wear bare legged because they're so short. :(

E said...

Look at you and your big hair! Love that yellow dress, too!

Sher said...

Just found your cute blog:) I love the pop of yellow in your outfit, must try it myself someday!

xx,
Sher

Islandia Lane said...

love the necklace - I almost bought the same one!

Dionne said...

Hot outfit!

Bahahaha, I love FOTC. They are my faves!

lisa butterworth said...

hot, humid weather is THE WORST! but the best thing about it? big hair! yours is looking so fresh in these photos. love.

Elaine said...

You look amazing. I love how voluminous your hair is. I love the yellow with the purple necklace!
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Rachel Follett said...

Great outfit! Love those heels!!

Orchid Grey said...

@Christine: yes, F21 does require the use of tights!
@E: thank you!
@Sher: Thank you for reading!
@Islandia Lane: I couldn't resist for onlt 9 bucks!
@Dionne: thank you!
@Lisa: I'm so over the weather too!
@Elaine: thank you!
@Rachel: thank you!

carly. said...

stop having perfect hair pleaseandthankyou

D. said...

I need these shoes! Grey and yellow is one of my favorite color combinations of all time. Gorgeous!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!