Friday, July 24, 2009

Rainy Day-ly Style...

Holy tropical storm Batman!
Umbrella: Target (16.99)
Trench: J.Crew Outlet (24.99)
Oxford Shirt: GAP Thrifted (2.00)
Sweater: H&M (16.99)
Belt: J.Crew (8.00)
Jeans: H&M (39.90)
Boots: Hunter via Ebay (60.00)
The weather actually looks pretty calm in this pic, I assure you it isn't. I woke up to a very wet house this morning, as the wind must have changed last night and blew water in every window. One thing I'm thankful for though is my decision to finally bite the bullet and get myself some rain boots. A few weeks ago I posted some rainy day style which featured Hunter Original rain boots, I love how they look: perfect height, great colors, and excellent quality. Specifically, I've been lusting after the aubergine color- the most perfect purple/blue. I would never be able to spend $115 on a pair of shoes so when I found factory seconds on Ebay, I jumped. The only difference between my Hunter boots and the ones you buy for full price is a little scuffing and $55 bucks!
C and I watched Freaks & Geeks last night on DVD, I'd forgotten how much I liked that show. I have to say too, I've got a little bit of a crush on Jason Segal's character. Maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic because the group above represents pretty much every boy I ever crushed on in high school (including C)! Did you have a specific 'type' when you were younger?

13 comments:

Lilli said...

That jacket is super cute!

Yuka said...

i love the boots!

Petite Esth├Ęte said...

love your outfit, and i want an umbrella just like yours :)

http://petiteesthete.blogspot.com

Orchid Grey said...

thank you!

Leproust Vintage said...

Adorable outfit....I love the boots and umbrella!

And Freaks and Geeks...One of my top 5 shows of all time!! :)

Jenna and Maura said...

Love Freaks and Geeks! I can understand the Jason Segal crush... but James Franco is also pretty adorable in it.

Slanelle said...

hey ! There's a skull clutch giveaway on my blog, thought you migh tlike it ;)

www.slanellestyle.blogspot.com

Dionne said...

I have never even heard of this show! I have to check it out!

I love the boots! And the clear umbrella, hehehehe.

Hmmmm... my type in highschool was silly. I would always date the boys that all the other girls liked, even if I didn't like him - i just did it because he was popular and 'desirable' - it was so shallow and silly of me.

Orchid Grey said...

@ Leproust: my favorite too, i wish it was still on!

@ Jenna and Maura: James Franco secretly has my heart too!

@ Slanelle: that clutch is so pretty!

@ Dionne: Freaks & Geeks is fantastic, but was only on for one season...so sad! get the dvd's from netflix! Thanks for answering my question! sometimes I would ask the popular boys to dances just to prove a point, but I never had as much fun with them as I did with the "freaks"!

Krystal said...

Looking lovely as always, lady! Especially with that umbrella! Love it! Just wanted to let you know, that I nominated you for an award on my blog. Go check it out!

archivingfashion said...

Oh, I just adored some Hunter boots! Can't wait to see them when they arrive :) Love your outfit as well - the trench is adorable and I love the pop of color from that pink belt of yours!

Elaine said...

This looks like a J.Crew ad!! You look so chic for such a rainy day!
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Orchid Grey said...

@Krystal: thank you! I can tell this will take some thought!

@ ArchivingFashion: Thank you!

@ Elaine: thank you!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!