Monday, July 27, 2009

Daily Style...

Today is one of those days where you can tell at 7AM it's going to be a million degrees outside. Ladies and gentlemen, summer has finally made an appearance...
Dress: Thakoon for Target (24.99)
Flats: Thrifted (2.00)
I love days where you can get up and just throw on a dress. It makes life so much easier. Today will be a perfect day for swimming, I love living close to the ocean! it's too bad this summer has been so rainy, there has been a serious lack of sunshine and swimming in my life.
In other news...
I received the message yesterday that I have been nominated for my first award!
The lovely Krystal who writes the fantastic blog This Time Tomorrow has passed on the "Kreativ Blogger" award and now I am to tell you seven things about myself that you may (or may not) be interested to know! So, without further ado, get ready for knowledge!

1) I have loved fashion since I was a child (my mother still talks about my idea for shrink wrap clothing), but was a huge tomboy in high school and up until Junior year in college my uniform consisted of baggy pants, hoodies, clunky sneakers- the works. I have been told that I dressed like one of the members of Blink-182.
2) I am an avid snowboarder- I even worked in a shop for a number of years and was on a team in HS.
3) I hold a Bachelors Of Fine Arts in Photography and my ultimate goal is to be a fashion photographer or set stylist.
4) I love tattoos and have three of them- and have my next three already planned- they're incredibly addicting.
5) I love to bake, specifically pie, and I also make my own juice.
6) I collect vintage bicycles and my friend's art. I am also in the process of refurbishing a vintage Suzuki scooter. It's going pretty slowly.
7) I have travelled to Japan, Germany, Ireland, and all around Canada and the United States. My ultimate dream is to take three months to travel cross-country and take photographs.

Whew! That was tougher than I expected! Now I just need to nominate seven (7!) fantastic bloggers who I feel we should all learn more about, without further ado:
Thank you Krystal for this great award!

11 comments:

Dionne said...

Congrats on the award! And thanks for nominating me too!

That's so funny about the shrink wrap clothing. You never know - that sounds like something that would totally take off in Hollywood!

Oh you snowboard? So do I! Awesome! But I can't ski to save my life, hahahaha.

And I love that you bake your own pies. I have never tried it before, so I will have to give it a shot!

Orchid Grey said...

I am practicing the art of pie dough, it takes some practice! I actually started out skiing (it's part of the school curriculum in Maine) and then started snowboarding in high school- the two activities are VERY different!

Clare said...

As a fellow snowboarder, traveler, Blink-182 fashion-stealer, and pie-baker, I love your 7! And that dress is just too adorable on you!

Olivia said...

Hi! I stumbled upon your blog and I love your style! I love dresses in summer too--great job on the blog and writing, can't wait to see more!

ox Olivia
http://www.lovelyatyourside.com/

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the award!!
and thanks for nominating me! Now I just need to come up with a list of things- hmmmm...
-jenloveskev

Leproust Vintage said...

Adorable dress! I love that you collect vintage bikes; you should post some pictures! :)

Orchid Grey said...

@ Clare: we have a lot in common! thank you!

@ Olivia: Thank you for visiting my blog! I hope you will continue to read!

@ Jennifer: It took a long time to think of 7 things!

@ Leproust: Thank you, I will post pictures some day! I usually just end up riding the same one- so some bikes never make it out to daylight!

Jowy said...

CUTE DRESS!

ONE LOVE,
JOWY
WWW.ISEEJANEMARY.BLOGSPOT.COM

E said...

That's a beautiful dress, wonderful with the red shoes. Thank you so much for the nomination!

Toothfairynotes said...

I love nr. 3!
photography is fab and you even have a degree! so cool!


*loves*

lisa butterworth said...

you're so sweet! thanks for actually WANTing to know more about me!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!