Thursday, June 11, 2009

Coveting...

I can't believe that I'm already thinking about my Autumn wardrobe. It's barely summer and I'm dreaming of warm sweaters, cute oxford shoes, and (of course) 60's inspired dresses. I've been coveting quite a few things on the ModCloth (www.modcloth.com) website, so I put a couple of outfits together to (hopefully) sate my clothing lust. Because, god knows, I can't afford anything right now!

The first I think would be a great work outfit, and just screams "POWER!". I do a lot of public speaking for my job and nothing makes me feel more confident than an outfit that demands attention. I think I would add a red skinny waist belt to break up the monochrome:

Dress: "Confidential Dress" 64.99 Modcloth.com
Tights: "Just Teasing Tights" 15.99 Modcloth.com
Bag: "The Lita Clutch in Fender" 47.00 Modcloth.com
Glasses: "Costello Glasses" 11.99 Modcloth.com
Shoes: "Black Mirror Wedges" 39.99 Modcloth.com
Puppy: Google Images
The second is much more summery and would be perfect for July 4th celebrations! Every once and awhile I revert to my old ways and get heavily back into Rockabilly fashion. This outfit makes me drool and wish I were rich:
Dress: "Kissing Booth Dress" 64.99 Modcloth.com
Bag: "The Red Bag of Courage" -sold out- Modcloth.com
Shoes: "Cork & Mindy Wedges" 99.99 Modcloth.com
Glasses: "The Classic Wayfarers" 9.99 Modcloth.com
Puppy: Google Images
In other news Jamie and Stef are visiting us tonight, the weather is still gloomy (which I think accounts for my dreaming of Autumn clothing) so I'm thinking we'll stay in. I was hoping it would be sunny so that we could bike into Salem and visit The Lobster Shanty and eat outside, but I guess that will have to wait for another day.